.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life Lessons and Other Cerebral Gas

Sharing news, views, life lessons, literature and a good laugh at all of it. I'm what they call a city farmer, around these here parts; kind of an oxymoron.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Looks Like Bat poop Ta Me

Tao information, translation, screensavers & more



Tao Quote of the Day:
"Clay walls are moulded into a pot, but the usefulness of the pot lies in it's emptiness. ~ Lao Tzu"

My brother is an Ace Ventura fan. Whenever I get to missing him(he lives in Las Vegas, far-far-away from Hogwaller, Missouri) I dig the Ace Ventura movies out of the black hole (my linen closet/ movie cupboard). I usually call my boyfriend and ply him with the promise of hot-air popcorn, extra butter and all the pez and gummy bears he wants to come watch movies with me. That's what we did this last weekend.
We were having a great time. When Ace licked that guano bowl it got even better. Suddenly bat poop became the buzz words.

Half way through the movie I pulled out my present project, a clay sculpture of my niece, and started working.

Haven: Is that guano Grandma? It's all ober yer fingers. Ewe.

Me: No, it's clay.

Haven: Looks like bat poop ta me.

Me: Nope, but that popcorn bowl your lickin', now that's bat poop.

He smiled real big, like a dare and as soon as we broke eye contact he slid by and siddled up to the kitchen can and spit.

Me: is there something wrong with your popcorn?

Haven: Next time jus pour it straight inta my mout kay? I don't need a bowl grandma. Nope, tastes like guano.

Later on when it was time for a snack I pulled two bowls out of the cupboard and went fishing in the fridge for some fruit. As I let go of the grapes, the bowls were whisked away by a panic stricken munchkin. The grapes bounced and rolled. He darted across the kitchen scolding me.

Haven: NO GRANDMA! No bowls! You shouldn't eat outta those, you'll git poopy-breath.

Me: I have to put them in something

Haven: My mouth will be fine. Look (he says 'ah") it's open, jus drop'em in kay?

To a 4 year old that has watched Jim Carey lick a guano bowl, the usefulness of an empty bowl lies in it's staying empty and on the shelf where it can't give you bat poop breath.
.2/2/2005 1:47 AM
word count 349

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You guys have so much fun over there! Haven is too damn cute for words! This is one of my favorites! Oh boy is this one gonna be passed on! -Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home