.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life Lessons and Other Cerebral Gas

Sharing news, views, life lessons, literature and a good laugh at all of it. I'm what they call a city farmer, around these here parts; kind of an oxymoron.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Thousands of People and a Mess O' Hogs

Do you believe in fate? Destiny? I do. Maybe that's why I named my first born Destiny.
Life is an intricately woven web, all our lives and actions intertwined. We've all got our stories. Sometimes the what-if's are answered, other times we wonder for the rest of our Earth-bound lives.
I was wondering this past week why we of all people found the little angel on the highway Sunday. This time the answer came quickly. I figure 5 days was a rapid turn around considering some things that happened to me in 1965 are still a mystery.

While we don't live in a big city where people are piled on top of one another in high rent cubicles, there are quite a few sprawled across the countryside. You see, around here local is considered to be within 50 miles of your home. That encompasses roughly... let's see...tiny towns speckled all over and a small town every ten miles, a larger small town spaced at every twenty, and a few towns that aren't so small, but aren't really humongous. Thousands upon thousands of people and in our area a mess o' hogs too.

So can someone tell me the odds of us picking up the nephew of the man we had hooked my daughter up with for farm maintenance work? Although I am still unclear as to the purpose of the whole action-reaction web in this instance, I am finding the connection. Destiny has rented a farm for her husbands latest stint in the third-world-war-zone, has two small boys of her own and needed someone to do some maintenance during his absence.

I hope these interlaced happenstances are a good thing. Only time will tell. From what I understand so far I'm thinking that maybe he will be in the position to protect my grandsons from harm sometime in the near future, like we did his nephew.

Affection for innocents is a binding emotional journey that I personally am always willing to undertake. Maybe he is too.
word count 346
3/11/2005 8:40 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home