.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life Lessons and Other Cerebral Gas

Sharing news, views, life lessons, literature and a good laugh at all of it. I'm what they call a city farmer, around these here parts; kind of an oxymoron.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Attack of the Pod People


Tao information, translation, screensavers & more



Tao Quote of the Day:

"Even a nine story terrace began as a single basket of earth."

When I was a lot younger, between career goals and dating an Architect in the making, I took a class with him to learn architectural rendering. Why I stuck with it as long as I did, I still don't know. I take that back; yes I do, he was cute and he thought I was a goddess.

As soon as I saw the rest of the class come filing in, lifeless, pasty complexions, dragging in like zombies, dressed in dark colors, predominantly black, I felt like I was amidst "The Pod People" and I knew I didn't belong, but hey, there were lots of colorful paints involved so I stayed around for the finger painting.

Those Pod people made me uneasy though. Hatched from giant gooey egg shaped things that attached to their intended replication model by an umbilical cord busy sucking the life out the doofus that was drawn to it out of moronic curiosity (without which, no B movie would have a plot). The thing would hatch, and ta-da...identical replicant! That's what they were, they had to be. Nobody looks like that REALLY.

I was thinking, maybe I shouldn't have watched that movie a second time. I whispered to my beau, "If the professor looks like Donald Sutherland, we bolt".

Do I have a point? Yes. Here goes...Even a D in architectural rendering begins with a single date with your brothers friend.

If I had a basket of earth for every bad choice I've made, I'd be filthy-dirty rich!
word count 265
2/6/2005 0:50 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home